Wednesday, March 3, 2010

A Sigh of Relief

So, that meeting I mentioned on Monday?

Peter: "So we'd really like to renew your fellowship for next year, if you are interested."

me: "Yeah! Totally!! Awesome!!"

That's literally what I said. So yeah, I have a job for next year!! Hurrah! I feel a bit guilty because the school when through a major budget cut this year which resulted in not a few "position eliminations" and I mean, why should I, who has only been here (and teaching!) for one year be able to come back over someone who has a lot more history with the school? I know it's different because I'm on a fellowship with a different budget, but still. I am, however, mostly extremely excited about getting to teach another year, getting to continue strengthening my relationships with the kids I have now, getting to stay in the greater Boston area. I'm so happy!! Now all I have to do is hope that Chris gets into BU or Tufts so he'll be around too...

Here's to further employment!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment