Monday, March 1, 2010

Here Comes the Sun...

...not really, but what is coming is way more important: Spring Break! Only 4 more school days till a lovely, long (18 days!) break. And boy, am I making use of those 18 days!!! I'll be in London for the first week, just visiting on my own, then in Rome for the second week, helping to chaperon the school Latin trip. I am SO excited!

I've never been to London before, so I can't wait to explore the city. I'm going on my own, which makes me even more excited, but mostly just nervous. I'm excited to expand my independence, but nervous about managing such a big, vibrant place on my own. I think it should be ok though, since I'll be staying with my friend Noon in Oxford for the first few days, then with a friend of my mom's in central London for the remainder of the trip. I have a general idea of what I want to do (British Museum, duh!!!!), but I'm looking forward to being able to just wander around. eek!!! It should be awesome!

Rome will be, of course, fantastic. I'm excited to be chaperoning- I think it'll be great to see Rome through fresh eyes again, and maybe even discover something new. There are 14 kids going, and two other chaperons, so it should be a good trip. I can't wait to be back in Italy! And this time we're going to Herculaneum, where I've never been before, so that should be really cool. I'm a little worried about the eating situation, though, since Jamie, who is leading the trip, hasn't left much time for eating, or much money. It will definitely be interesting. I'll probably just end up eating a lot of pizza. haha.

I'll try and blog every other day or so, just to let everyone know how the trip is going, but I'm not bringing my computer so I might not have internet access at all in Italy. We'll see though!

Here's to making it through 4 more days of school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment